This weekend, the Shops Buckhead Atlanta held the inaugural “Style South,” an annual two-day fashion event featuring an outdoor fashion show with collections from SBA retailers along with a series of in-store shopping events.
The event, which was open to the public, kicked off on Friday at 4 p.m. when guests were invited to visit retailers including Joie, Planet Blue, Theory, Kit and Ace, and COS for fashion shows offering a preview of the fall collections. The shows were followed by in-store shopping parties which included free food and drinks.
On Saturday, the Style South finale titled “The Professional Sport + Style Collaboration,” featured a partnership between SBA retailers and some of Atlanta’s favorite sports figures and their families.
Retailers such as Brunello Cucinelli, Canali, Alice + Olivia, Moncler, and Les Copains hosted afternoon shopping parties with a portion of the proceeds going to the individual charity or foundation of an Atlanta sports figure.
The evening brought another runway presentation with fall fashions from Canali, Etro, Alice + Olivia and Les Copains.
Participating athletes could be spotted on the red carpet as well as the runway including Warrick Dunn, Jamie Dukes, Terance Mathis and Brian Jordan:
Credit for all images: Peyton Carroll and Cinthya Zuniga of the Creative Circus.
Following is a list of the charities supported by the events of the evening:
- Jordan, former Atlanta Braves All-Star & Falcons All-Pro Selection, hosted a shopping event at Canali with proceeds benefiting the Brian Jordan Foundation.
- Dunn, former NFL 3x Pro-Bowler & current minority owner of the Falcons, hosted a shopping event at Brunello Cucinelli with proceeds benefiting Warrick Dunn Charities.
- Dukes, former Atlanta Falcons great & NFL Network Host, and his wife Angela hosted a shopping event at Les Copains with proceeds benefiting the Put Up Your Dukes Foundation.
- Mathis, former Falcons Pro-Bowler, his wife Arnedia hosted a shopping event at Etro to benefit the Emory ALS Center.
- Joe Burns, former NFL and Georgia Tech Hall of Famer, his wife Tiffany hosted a shopping event at Alice + Olivia to benefit the Rising Seniors Foundation.
- Millie Smith, wife of basketball legend Steve Smith, hosted a private shopping event at Dior, to benefit the NSORO Foundation.